Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sushi Doodle


Here's some nori rolls for you.  One of my favourite things to draw and, let's face it, eat.

Tenuously relevant but I wanted to say that I was so sad to hear of the passing of Nora Ephron a couple of weeks ago.  I actually cried when I heard it on the radio.  She wrote and directed many excellent rom-coms (my favourite kind of com) as well as many novels.  Most importantly to me, Nora wrote my favourite film, You've Got Mail.  I know it's a remake but I've seen the original and for me it's nothing compared to the redo.  I love that film and so many lines from it live in my head.. "bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils", "I'm going to the nut shop where it's fun!", "closing the store was the brave thing to do, you're choosing to believe that you could have a different life"... I could go on... anyway, there's a bit where Kathleen and Frank agree on sushi for dinner and they both exclaim "sushi!".  I always think of it when I eat sushi.  

1 comment:

  1. I cried when I heard too.

    You've Got Mail is my go-to "comfort movie" - the sort of thing I put on when I'm feeling sad or right before bed. I have it memorized.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails