Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Swedish Summer House

Hi folks.  Here's the latest in swedish house related products... I have stopped making my swedish house brooches.  I do love them, but the way I was making them and the amount of colour I had to put on them meant that I would make five and one would work out without any smudges etc.  I've experimented a little with some option to make them in clay but I haven't really worked out a good way to do it yet.

So..to fill the void left by those cute houses, today I devised a new summer house product!  Let me introduce you to the printable, colour-in-able, cut out and assemble-able (that didn't really work did it?) Swedish summer house!


Tah-dah!  As you can see it even comes with some trees and it's own lake!  This was a really fun project to work on, once I started I didn't stop until it was finished!  I'm not going to lie, I had fun colouring in!


Here's a couple of photos to show you the process. Not exactly thrilling stuff I know but it's the first time I've eve actually documented my process (hello new phone with excellent camera..)


This is my original quick sketch of the idea.  I didn't intend to colour the whole thing in but I got a bit carried away..


Here's my prototype tree.  I had to make a few before I had one that would stand up!


Here's the finished house.  The first one I made was a lot taller and didn't look right at all.  This one is nearly the same shape as the house on the brooch with a bonus attic window.


Here's my enthusiastically coloured trees, no need to stay in the lines if yr cutting them out!  I can imaging little ones going mental colouring these in!


Here's a finished tree!


Here's what you get in the PDF.  It's very simple to make but I've included a few minimal instructions as well.


So there you go.  I hope you like it.  I think this would be a fun little rainy day project for kids to do.  Also because you are getting a PDF you can print it as many times as you like, so you could make a whole village, each kid can have their own house.  If you do purchase one I'd really love to see what you create so please do send me a photo!

Here's the store link.. go get one!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea - and very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect little thank you gift for friends who have visited me in Sweden :) Have you visited many summer houses girl?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails