Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

BAG!

I am embarking on the writing of this blog post knowing it may well be the most boring post ever but let's just see how we go.  So, I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a custom made bag on Etsy.  I know taking the plunge sounds so dramatic and it's just a bag!  I know I know.  But let me give you some background. I love bags! I love them!  Not handbags for the love of god I hate handbags, I have never owned one in my life and I get deeply offended when someone refers to my "personal bag" as a handbag!  Anyway, backpacks, satchels, give me them!  BUT, I am super fussy. Like mega-ultra-that zip is not in precisely the right place so NO DEAL!  I am frustratingly fussy.  Sometimes I wish I could just walk in to a shop and pick a bag off the shelf and buy it and be content with it.  But I can't.  It has to have the right pocket configuration.  It can't be too small.  It can't be too big. It can't have some horrible brand name scrolled across it.  It can't have the wrong colour hardware.  I am not kidding you, the list goes on!  

For some time I have been looking for an over the shoulder bag that I can fit my Nikon in to easily but that isn't a horrible massive handbag, my current bag does fit the Nikon but if its in there nothing else will fit.  A while ago I found an Etsy seller who had a rather pleasing selection of bags, nothing quite right (of course) but further investigation uncovered the fact that she will customise any bag in any way you want!  ANY. WAY. YOU. WANT. Umm...ok  pocket here, extra pocket there, zipper on that pocket, custom colours...done and done!  I have to wait just under a month to get it but I shall report back when it arrives, I know you won't be able to sleep in anticipation.  Maybe it will be the perfect bag.  Dare I dream it?  

Here I have done a sketch for you to illustrate what I have ordered!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you sent her this doodle to illustrate what you wanted it to look like!

    I am excited for you ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails