Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Apartment Garden!







We live in a tiny apartment, we definitely don't have a garden or even a balcony.  I usually keep my plants on the end of our table but today my husboyfriend  (thanks Able & Game for that term!) "built" me this shelf to put all my plants on!  When I say built I mean he put a spare shelf we had on top of two really tall speakers.  It's the perfect spot, as we come into spring and eventually summer this spot gets the most sun in the apartment, it's in direct sunlight almost all afternoon.  

Today I planted a bunch of new seeds, some peas, tomatos and pak choy.  I didn't have much luck with tomatos last year, they grew tall but bore no fruit, hoping for better luck this year.  Also hoping to get some life out of the cactus seeds I bought at the Lambeth county fair last year.  One of my tulips has popped up very quickly and has opened wider that I've ever seen a tulip open, it's kinda weird looking!  I'm curious to see if the other one will do the same.  

I'll keep you posted on all these plants, as long as they don't promptly die!

In other news we are going to be cat sitting for a few months, starting tonight!  I'm pretty excited to meet this cat.  I haven't had a pet as an adult so it's going to be great to have another creature in the flat!  Photos forthcoming obviously!


5 comments:

  1. Amy, it looks wonderful! I love the grid paper labels :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. labels are washi tape of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so much.
    This post for example, is so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the sweet comment ana, you made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


    Garden Apartments

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails