Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Goccoing




Last night I did some Gocco printing.  I feel like every time I do some printing I learn something new.  I needed to print more of my Burrito cards because Valentine's day is coming up and I'd nearly run out.  Last time I printed these, I was happy with the end result, but a bit disappointed in the difference between my original design and the print.  Because of this I decided to redraw the design and burn another screen.  I did that and the screen looked great, so I inked up and did a print.  Disappointingly it was really blobby.  Thinking that the only thing that was the same this time was the ink, I scraped all of it off the screen and reinked with a second tube of red ink that I had.  Tada!  Perfect print!  Just as much detail as the original drawing.  I guess the first ink tube was off, a bit of oil came out of the tube before ink when I squeezed it, but I'd read about that happening so I didn't think it was a problem, I wish I'd realised last time!

So lots more cards in stock!  Pick one up for your loved one!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy , I love your blog, just stumbled across it now. Love your illustrating style!
    PS. how do I follow??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi luna, thanks so much, glad you like it! if you are logged in to blogger, you should see "follow" at the very top left of the page, next to the search box. hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails