Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Tea?

I did some printing on my Gocco on the weekend.  It was the first time I've attempted a two screen print so I was pretty nervous.  I find it hard not to be nervous when those bulbs crack, all I can think of is how much each crack costs so I really don't want to mess it up!  But I did.  For the first time, I forgot to put a piece of card under the original, so the screen ended up burning my original with the grid pattern from the foam pad underneath.  I though it might be alright if it created some kind of nice texture, so I inked it up to test and as I suspected, it looked pants!  So I threw that one away and burnt another, this one worked out much better.  The only problem with it is that the design was a little close to the edge of the screen, which meant it didn't burn out properly.  That actually turned out to be fine because the part that didn't burn out so well ended up being mostly covered in black on the other screen.  Lucky!

The print is inspired by my love of tea and inability to stop buying odd mugs!  I wanted a nice food/drink themed print to put in our kitchen, so I made one myself!  I'm really happy with how the prints came out so I'll be putting them up on my etsy store in the next day or so.  Stay tuned.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails