Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nessie The Mannerless Monster

I love markets.  Sometimes.  One market I kind of hate a little bit is Spitalfields.  Not the artist bit over by Brick Lane, but the tourist trap bit closer to Liverpool Street.  I'm sure they have differentiating names, but I don't know what they are.  Anyway, the epitome of what I hate about markets can be found there - a stall selling PHOTOS of Banksy pieces.  Blerg.  Unscrupulous and unoriginal.  Having said all that, I did find a great book there at a second hand book stall, when I was passing on my way to the Play exhibition last week.  

It's Nessie The Mannerless Monster illustrated by Gerald Rose from 1965.  It features some really great U illustrations of Edinburgh and London.  My favourite page is the little boy telling Nessie to get lost!  This is by far my favourite style of illustration.

Check it out:

















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails